I recently had a customer ask, why is one custom shirt $25 or $30 when I can buy a shirt at Wal-Mart for $10. If you're wondering the same thing....here's why.
The process or screen printing isn't quick. It's a step by step process that takes time and money.
1. Create the art work (time)
2. Print the artwork onto a film (money)
3. Expose the film onto a screen (time & money)
4. Wash out the screen (time)
5. Wait for the screen to dry (time)
6. Set up the screen on the press (time)
7. Tape the screen put ink on the screen (time)
8. Screen Print the shirt (time and money)
9. Run the shirt through a conveyor dryer (time and money)
10. Package the shirt and ship (time and money)
Then, once the shirt is done the screen has to be re-claimed. You have to wash off the ink, wash off the emulsion, degrease the screen let it dry, then put emulsion on it so it's ready for the next custom order. Chemicals aren't cheap and emulsion isn't cheap.
If you find a shirt at Wal-Mart you love as it for $10 BUY it, but if you want something custom that was made just for you then it's gonna cost a little more. You're one of a kind creation will take time and money, but I believe it's worth it to have a cool shirt that no one else has.
What the world needs now is laughter. But let's be honest, the world has always needed laughter. Laughter relieves stress, boosts the immune system and all out makes you feel good. So the next time you're digging through your closet trying to figure out what to wear give these few points a thought.
5. Does your favorite funny shirt make you smile? Of course it does. When you see it there in your drawer or closet don't pass it by. Smile, laugh, put it on and start your day with a much needed immune booster. Feeling happy about what you're wearing can set the tone for your whole day.
4. Wearing funny shirts shows the world you have a sense of humor. A sense of humor is a strong personality trait and is often linked with higher intelligence. Tell the world that you're not only funny, but you're also SMART.
3. Wearing a funny shirts spreads laughter. I can't tell you how many times I've been wearing one of my favorite tees and had someone walking towards me reads it and start laughing. If it made you laugh it's guaranteed to make others laugh so get out there and spread joy.
2. Wearing a funny shirt gets you attention. I have a friend that would wear one of my comedy tees to sporting events and people would pull him out of line to get a picture with the shirt. If you like attention it's a great opportunity to interact with others. If you're on the shy side, it will give you an opportunity to come out of your shell.
1. Wearing a funny shirt makes you cool. Maybe that's just my opinion, but let's think about it. Would you be more likely to talk to a guy wearing a stuffy business suit or the guy wearing a hilarious t-shirt. I think I've made my point here.
Whether you're planning to just putz around your neighborhood or take a stroll thru Wal-Mart put on your funny t-shirt and spread some laughter. The world will thank you.
Comedy Couple Tees
Jodi has been a stand up comedian for 13 years and started selling "funny" shirts after her shows. Over the past couple of year, she and her comedian husband expanded into a screen printing shop called Comedy Couple tees which they run out of their basement near Atlanta, GA